Welcome to another installment of Good mourning, it’s Monday! This weekly blog looks to cover various topics in the news, along with personal stories or encounters from the past week at home and work to help you through your first day back at work (unless you don’t work). Hopefully my seven followers like this and share this to make it eight. Enjoy…
Today is a Pedialyte day, folks. The clock and sun say it’s the afternoon, but my body is telling me the day has just begun. So, good morning to you, reader.
What can be said that hasn’t already been said about Super Bowl LI? I undershot my prediction, but I nailed the 6-point victory by the Patriots. What a game though. Just an unreal experience as a Patriots fan, and I imagine for any fans of football. Let’s get to my mixed takeaways from this game:
- My eating/drinking game plan was to stick to my IPAs, snack throughly, and enjoy a halftime Moscow Mule. In my mind, it was perfect. I was only have a few beers with the same alcohol as slugging back a pack of Bud Light, so I wouldn’t get stupid. A halftime Mule would be the dessert of booze if you will. Yeah, that didn’t work out well. I didn’t eat a thing during the day and was sipping on my beer while rushing to get food cooked before kickoff. A downward spiral for yours truly that led to me gulping children’s Gatorade this morning.
- Thankfully I remember the game just fine. I’m not the type to watch or attend games and get legless; what’s the point of watching something if you’re not going to remember it? So all 60+ minutes were enjoyed… a lot.
- We had champagne ready for when the game was over. For three and a half quarters, it was looking pretty stupid to have it. Awesome to pop it when they won, but we would have looked like idiots if they lost.
- During halftime, I stepped outside to grab some air and convince myself it would still be ok if they lost. “Tom Brady already has four.” Or “Matt Ryan and the Falcons are ok to lose to.” The next should have been crawling up in a ball in the corner.
- If you’re going to have the game on in multiple rooms, be sure they’re all HD or on the same time. Killed me to cook and watch, but hear the outcome in the other room.
My brain is absolute mush. Final thoughts on the game are, for the first overtime Super Bowl in history, it did not disappoint. Does that make it the greatest of all-time? Arguably. Of course Pats fans will say it’s the greatest, but for the causal fan, it was a blowout for three quarters, then reverse blowout(?), and then a single drive in OT to win in.
All in all though, unreal game and a great night. Time for me to hydrate and hopefully write something better this upcoming week.
Have any stories to share? Suggestions? Feedback? Send them to ZacharyAdamGray@gmail.com or Tweet me @ZacharyAdamGray